February 26, 2011

iPads & iPhone and Student Presenations




A Haunting Experience: 2 cents Worth














I give these students a lot of credit! When I was in High School I remember I was terrified when I had to speak in public! This is certainly remarkable to see what students are able to do with technology today. They were able to master the instruments and vocals using iPads and an iPhone and they were confident and successful when they performed in front of their peers. It’s amazing how far we’ve come with incorporating technology into a classroom and how it helps build student confidence. This may be terrifying to us but to the Y generation this task might not be so scary!









After seeing this video i'm trying to brainstorm more ways for my students to incorporate technology like this in my classroom. They've created and posted videos on youtube, but i'd like to learn more about iPads and see what apps are available for Foreign Language instruction.

We may not have enough money in our budget for me to take them on a field trip, but maybe through these technology tools I can take them on a virtual field trip and have them experience a little bit more of culture in a fun modern way!

Here's the link to the students performace in Hong Kong


1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Quite a performance. It makes me more determined to get an iPad.