April 16, 2011

Casa Batallo - Barcelona, Spain


Casa Batllo by vgm8383 Attribution-NonCommercial License


This is a great image I could use with my Spanish II students.


We are currently talking about their travel unit and concentrating on Barcelona, Spain. I've already introduced them to Antonio Gaudi and he was the mastermind behind Casa Batallo. I could show them this image and have them write down any words they'd use to describe the picture and then if they liked the design or not. I could then show them other pictures of the house (inside, outside, roof, etc.) and have them make additional observations.


Next, I could show them a famous house from U.S. history and culture like the white house or traditional home and have them compare and contrast the two using a Venn Diagram.


Finally, I could have them have a class discussion where they will have to express their opinions and observations.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

This is a great vocabulary-building assignment, but you didn't "create" anything with one of the Flickr tools.